Since I’m chronically in a rush in the morning and I seldom have time to sit down to enjoy a leisurely meal, I decided I need a way to maximize my sleep and minimize my tardiness without skipping breakfast. This chocolate berry protein shake is my solution. Don’t get turned off because I said chocolate; this meal is yummy and low-cal! This recipe will enhance your weekday mornings and is convenient for making a quick breakfast for multiple people.
The shake has the creamy texture of soft serve ice cream and chocolate drizzled berries. The sweet, rich, aftertaste keeps you coming back for more. If you’re salivating already, don’t be embarrassed–it’s an unconditioned response. In other words, you haven’t even seen this shake yet and you already want it!
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serving Size: 1 and 1/2 cups
Ingredients: protein powder, frozen banana, frozen wild blueberries, almond milk, cinnamon
Absolutely Necessary materials: blender
How to make:
- Measure one cup of frozen wild blueberries and pour into the blender
- Cut a frozen banana in half and place in the blender
- Use 1 scoop of chocolate Vega Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
- Add desired amount of cinnamon
- Measure and pour two cups of almond milk into the blender
- blend on setting 4 for about a minute
- Pour into a large class and sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top
*If you don’t want to freeze your ingredients, you can add ice to create a smoothie-like texture.
You’ll have a purple mustache in no time 😉 I’m serious.